• Returns, Exchanges & Refunds:
- Unless otherwise stated (and except for the items listed below), all our items are returnable. To return an item, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com with your order details (e.g. customer name, order number, reason for return, etc.) to request a return authorization number(RMA number). No returns will be accepted or processed without prior written authorization.
- Your order can only be returned within 2 week (the “Return Period”) of receiving your order(s). We are forced to keep our return period relatively short since these are natural stone items and they can only be sold together with the corresponding lots that they belong to. The short return period helps us make sure that the returned items can still be combined with their original lots and can be sold together.
- www.alternativetile.com does not accept returns after the end of the Return Period and does not accept any claims once the products have been installed. As such, please inspect the contents of your order carefully upon receipt.
- All returned materials will be subject to a 15% re-stocking fee, which will be deducted from your refund. Shipping costs are NOT refundable and all return shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Please carefully package all materials in the original packaging for return. You will receive your refund, in the original method of payment, within a week of our receipt of the return and verification of the condition of the products.
- Unless the return is being originated because of an error on our end (e.g. due to the wrong product(s) being shipped), buyer will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING CHARGES, including the initial shipping charges that we originally incured to ship the products, as well as the return shipping charges that would be incurred to ship the product back to us. Therefore, please make sure that the products that you are ordering are exactly what you desire and want to use in your project. Unfortunately, the return process on big and heavy items such as ours is a very complicated, expensive and tiring process for all parties involved. Once again, we highly encourage getting samples beforehand to check out the item(s) for yourself in person. Pictures are not an adequate substitute and should only be used as a rough estimation.
- Only COMPLETE RETURNS are allowed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PARTIAL RETURNS, under any circumstances. We enforce this policy to avoid hand-picking, sorting and choosing of our products. In natural stone, variations are an inherent and natural part of the product; and buyers need to be aware of these variations before placing their orders. That's why we strongly encourage getting samples and seeing the variations in the product, in the best way you can, in terms of colors, shading and texture. Some customers are not aware of these facts and would like to choose the colors / shades that they like the most and return the possibly undesired parts of their orders. Unfortunately, this is not possible as our materials are sold altogether, with all the colors being mixed naturally together, as they are observed in nature. (This does not mean that you would get unusable, low-quality items in your order. This restriction deals mostly with the colors and shading of the product. Other than that, our products are of the best quality available in today's market).
- Please note that any damage of the material MUST be reported within three (3) days of delivery of the order. Any claims made after this period will not be refunded and partial returns will not be accepted.
• Non-Returnable Non-Refundable / Restricted Items:
- All SAMPLES (Quantity of “1” of any line item)
- Custom / Hand-made Products
- All STANDARD QUALITY items offered with special pricing
- Special / custom orders (including non-stock items)
- Special ON-SALE / CLOSE-OUT items (as specified on the item listing pages)
DAMAGES, COVERAGE & CLAIMS PROCEDURES
- For smaller items, we use foam and layers of bubble wrap to pack our orders very carefully. For larger items, once again, we use very sturdy packaging materials while securing the items into strong wooden crates or pallets for the utmost safety in transit.
- For all your orders, a tracking number will be provided once the items get shipped to you. Please make use of the tracking number(s) to anticipate the estimated delivery date of your order. That way you can be proactively prepared for the delivery of your order and check the items as soon as they get delivered.
- Please immediately inspect the shipment(s), especially on the outside and see if you are noticing any visible damages. (If you happen to be at the delivery address at the time of the delivery and the delivery crew is still with you, please notify them about the visible damages and have them make notes on the delivery paperwork. This would make the overall claims process with the carrier much less complicated).
- You need to check the contents of your order right away and notify us of any damages, problems or discrepancies as soon as possible. You'll have 3 days to report any possible damages, problems or discrepancies, after receiving your order. (We will not accept any claims after that period as it becomes almost impossible to support your case with the carriers, especially in the case of damages, as they require timely evidence and communication).